Review: Aqua Peel Facial @ SkinLab

 Time for another facial treatment!!!

 The camera must love me when I took this picture. ^.^
(No prior editing has been done.)

 I know you must be thinking: Crazy woman...face so nice still do what treatment...waste money...

Which is why I have never signed up for a facial package in my entire life. =P 

But hey, this face is the result of hours of care and hundreds of facial masks okay...I actually bother taking care of it, more so in recent years when I realized that it's not as "toing toing" and smooth and flawless anymore...

I do occasionally get the dull skin and freckles and pimples and blackheads and my skin gets dry...so actually, I have all the same problems as everyone else. I don't actually look so glamourous without the bit of makeup I use. (I don't use very heavy makeup because my skin won't be able to breathe...I'll feel very clogged up.)



Thanks to SkinLab Medical Spa, I get to review the new Aqua Peel ST treatment, which means ho liao for my face!


What is Aqua Peel Facial?

It is the latest skin treatment providing non-invasive exfoliation as well as delivery of topical solutions to cleanseexfoliateextract and hydrate the skin safely and painlesslyThose of you who have tried the usual chemical peels will know that there might be a little bit of pain involved and you will look flaky for a few days as your old skin sheds. With the Aqua Peel Facial, you can achieve the same results faster, without the complications and discomfort usually associated with invasive procedures. In addition, the Aqua ST is unique because it does not use crystals or other abrasive particles that can irritate the skin.

Depending on your skin condition, there will be a selection of topical solutions catered to your needs. The Aqua Peel uses 3 Spiral Treatment tips for optimal exposure and absorption of topical solutions so your skin gets as much as of the good stuff as possible. 


What are the topical solutions used?

  • AS - The Aqua ST AS (All-Skin) Solution cleans the skin deeply while softening sebum and impurities to aid in extractions. It assists in dislodging dead cells for exfoliation and provides residual hydration that aids in firming and smoothing fine lines.
  • SA - The Aqua ST SA (Salicylic Acid) Solution is specially formulated for oily and acne prone skin. It active ingredients include Pentylene Glycol and Spirea Ulmaria Extract to penetrate the pores and dislodge dead cells for exfoliation.
  • AO - The Aqua ST AO (Anti-Oxidant) Solution is formulated with stabilized Vitamins A, E & White Tea Extract to combat free radicals and environmental damage to the skin cells.

What are its benefits?
  • Painless, soothing treatment.
  • Allows an immediate return to normal activities (no downtime).
  • Eliminates the risk and health concerns of aluminum-based crystals associated with particulate abrasion.
  • Visible results after first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will be seen after 4 to 6 treatments spaced 7 to 10 days apart.
  • Unique Spiral Tip allows maximise infusion with minimum wastage.

 Who is it suitable for?
Basically, everyone. Because there is no downtime and it is a non-invasive procedure, you don't have to worry about complications. If you have any of the following, then this is for you -
  • Acne problems
  • Congestion
  • Blemishes
  • Dull and Aging Skin
  • Dehydration
  • Fine lines
  • Sensitive Skin
Aqua ST effectively treats all skin types and addresses a wide range of dermatological conditions including hyperpigmentation, acne, photodamage, dehydration, congestion, blackheads and fine line wrinkles. 

O.O

Oh my gosh....I have hyperpigmentation (tick), pimple (acne - tick), photodamage (tick), dry skin (dehydration - tick), congestion (tick), blackheads (tick) and fine line wrinkles (tick) already so please, take them away!!!!!!
 
What's it like? 

Follow me, I'll be your guinea pig. =)
 Getting ready for my facial!



 This is the last pretty picture you're going to see of me...


 The therapist will have to remove my makeup...


 I'm sometimes amazed by how thin my eyelid skin is...


Can you see all the blood vessels on my eyelids?


One thing about being a blogger is that sometimes we have to let readers see us without makeup, at our chui-est. Spot the uneven skin tone, the pimple beside my mouth, the freckles underneath my eyes and on my nose, and er....a lot of other stuff I'm glad the camera didn't pick up. I've started accumulating blackheads, and my skin just looked blah.

Okay the next picture might be disturbing to some, so quickly scroll through if you're the pantang sort okay.....

!!!!!!

I know what you're thinking...now 7th month don't anyhow talk hor...
Look a bit scary right...like...pale...

Never mind...in an-hour-&-a-half's time I will look decent...

I am ready for my hydrating and whitening mask~~~


The mask. I'm left in the room to sleep for about 15-20 minutes, which I did soon after taking the pictures...

This is done to provide a hydrating protective layer over the skin before the actual aqua peel.

Here comes!


That's the spiral treatment tip! Basically here there is some sucking as well as infusion going on. Kinda complicated, but I know all the good stuff is going into my skin~ Ommm~~~





*爽* 
I basically almost slept throughout the procedure and had to struggle to keep awake so I know what's happening so I can tell you guys.

It was really painless and soothing. There wasn't even extraction done so I didn't feel any pain at all.

 And I'm done!
In case you're freaking out because of my dark eye rings, focus on the rest of my face can. This thing doesn't treat dark eye circles la. -.-"

My skin felt very hydrated after the treatment and there is actually a natural radiance lor. Compare this with the scary picture (I'm not going to post that here again) and you will be able to see the difference.




Rating for this? I give it a 4/5. 

Maybe I am secretly sick inside...need to see the skin actually peeling off and witnessing a vast difference before I will say it's fantastic. But for those of you who are intolerant of pain, cannot afford to have flaky skin becaues of work (models, actresses, stewardesses, or people in sales and PR, and the like) will definitely appreciate the wonders this can do for your skin. As mentioned above, for lasting results, it will take 4-6 treatments spaced 7-10 days apart.


Interested to try? They've a special promotion just for you!
  • 30min SkinLab Aqua Peel           : *$38 (no mask)
  • 90min SkinLab Aqua Peel            : *$98 (mask, light extraction, and light face massage)
I honestly recommend the mask though. You can find out all the goodness of the mask when you enquire at SkinLab Medical Spa! 

* Valid till 31 August 2011 & for first-time customers only. Do remember to quote "Silver" when making an appointment for this special offer!

SkinLab Medical Spa 
#04-04 Wheelock Place. 
T: 6235 3246. 
W: http://skinlabmedspa.com


Love Yourself,
*~Silver~*

Comments

  1. You are right..u've nice skin and don't need to go for such treatment..y don't you put the time and effort to your body instead? Breast enhancement, lipo, slimming packages...to name a few...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy>> Getting there...getting there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It was really painful and soothing. There wasn't even extraction done so I didn't feel any pain at all." I think you mean painless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. silver, can i ask what concealer u use for the dark circles around the eyes? cos i got similar dark circles like u.

    thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts