Review: The Micro Pedi

I've never been a fan of those pedicure scrapers where you rub your calluses sore in the shower. 


I remember many years ago when I tried one - I was an active dancer back then and thus I had plenty of hard skin on the soles of my feet. Mum had one of those scrapers and I used it because my feet were starting to look really ugly outside of covered shoes. I ended up overdoing it and rubbed my skin too thin to the extent that it hurt. I couldn't dance properly without hurting the 2 weeks following that. 

Needless to say, that was the end of DIY-pedicuring for me. Even to this day, I get a little nervous each time I visit the nail salon for a pedicure when they whip out that thing.

When I was told that I would be getting a review unit for the Emjoi Micro Pedi, I was a little apprehensive about how it would work for me, and whether it would really be as "painless" as they claimed it would be.





Looks and feels just like a nifty lil' epilator. And in a way, upon switching it on, it kinda operates like one too, in that the top part rotates. The difference is this thing doesn't yank out your skin like how epilators do to your hair. It kinda just smoothes away your dead hard skin with its micro-mineral roller.

 It came with a coarse mineral roller which is in blue...


 And a pink one which is finer. If your feet isn't really that coarse you can use this one. Kiasu folks, stick to the blue for super smooth feet. 


 There's this button at the side which you can push down....

And you can take out the roller to wash/change to the other one/replace. It also comes with a brush for you to brush off any dead skin stuck on the Micro Pedi.

Now stop eating or drinking or whatever it is which horrific images might spoil your appetite. I'm gonna show you my dried, cracked and rough feet.

The left foot:





And the right counterpart:



I had specifically told my nail sponsor Lavishing Me to not do any foot scrubs or remove dead skin off my feet for me, so this is like 2 months of un-pedicured feet. Which is not that uncommon considering I don't really go for pedicures at all if not for my dear sponsors who help me take care of me. (For that I thank each and every one of them. ^.^)

Having said that, that I seldom go for pedicures and I'm sure many of you too (maybe I'm just assuming), the above pictures shouldn't be that unfamiliar to you. Go on, pick your feet up and stare at the underside of it. If yours look really smooth and you have not gone for a pedicure in ages (and you are not below 12 years of age), leave me a comment below. I want to know what on earth do you do to keep your feet looking and feeling smooth.

For the rest of us, pedicures are the way to go. Or feet moisturizing wraps. Or DIY pedicures (which most of us are too lazy to do beyond the nail painting.) 

 Or of you're keen to try - the Micro Pedi.

 Those are my dead skin after 2 minutes of use. 

After 5 minutes. 

If you scroll up you should be able to see a difference.



Before:






Let's see the before again:
It not only gets rid of dead skin, it revealed the healthy pink of my sole!!!


Then comes the interesting bit: I was just walking to the bathroom to wash my micro-pedi when I walked past Mum's room and saw her cutting off dead skin with a pair of scisscors-like thing. Heh~ No prizes for guessing that I decided to let her try it. For those who don't know her, she works hard. And drives a forklift in heels. Uh huh. So it would be no wonder if she sometimes neglects her feet.

 That's the hole she has managed to cut open underneath her feet. It looked pretty painful to me.
Trivia: She was like "Eh don't tell people it's my feet for. Mmmm.....then again cannot run la. All those who have done my pedicure will know la cos I got mole there." LOL. Why my mother so cute?!

That's her refusing to pour away just to show me how much dead skin she has on just on the heel of her right foot. And we haven't gotten to the ball of her foot yet.

 *pedicure at work*


 After a few minutes.

And she kept going... The results were most apparent on her foot. Get ready for this....

You won't be able to feel this, but I did. Her feet felt so much softer and smoother!!!!
Cannot bluff you by changing a different foot cos of the unique marking. Lol~

Let's do a side-by-side:



She seemed to be having quite a good time with the Micro Pedi so it should be safe to say that she liked it? Except of course it would be great if her daughter could do it for her while she watches her korean drama on the iPad. Lol. 


Pros: I have to say it was really pain-free. The only thing you have to note was not to hold it at one same spot for more than 3 seconds. Otherwise watching all that powder (skin) come off is really satisfying. Like you KNOW that you are getting rid of callus and ugly feet. The fact that it was battery operated meant that I didn't have to deal with wires so that made it really portable. Also, it was washable (you can't soak it on water though! Just rinse!), so getting rid of the residue was a breeze.

Cons: Dead skin was mostly caught at the edge of the Micro-Pedi where the roller is, but because it's open, dead skin powder could still get on to whichever surface you are using the Micro-Pedi on. And also you need a piece of tissue paper (or something) to knock the dead skin off once it gets too full. Other than that I pretty much like this contraption very much!

Itching to get one already? Lots of events coming up requiring you to bare your heels for those pretty shoes - prom, Dinner-&-Dances, X'mas parties~~~ Might be handy to have one of these. ;)


How much?
The Micro Pedi retails at S$59.90, and comes with a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.

Where to get this?  
  • KENQO Showroom (151B Thomson Rd, Goldhill Centre Lvl 3)
  • OG Orchard Point (Lvl 4)
  • OG Albert Complex (Lvl 3)
  • OG People's Park (Lvl 5)
  • BHG Bugis Junction (Lvl 3)
  • Robinsons Centre Point (Lvl 5)
  • Robinsons Raffles City (Lvl 3)
  • John Little Marina Square (Lvl 1)
  • John Little Jurong Point (Lvl 2)
  • Selected Watsons Stores (50 locations)
  • Or call the number as per the video above. ;)


Comments

  1. Very informative! Thanks so much for all the details and pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts