Happy Birthday Silver!!!

2 days ago, I turned 21. (I insist.)

Picture credit: fbcustom.me
I hadn't planned anything this year due to my crazy schedule, and I was prepared to just let the day go by peacefully. As luck would have it, no shoot was scheduled on my birthday, and the only thing planned was rehearsal for my upcoming theatrical production. This meant I get to sleep in, and with my 18-hour workdays*, sleep was a godsend. Lol.

*I manage myself, which means that I personally handle all correspondence, scheduling, meetings, financial and miscellaneous administrative work. On top of that, I try (and I must emphasise try) to blog more often, as I have been chided by some of you loyal readers. Lol. I must thank you for pushing me though, it gives me motivation. =D

My birthday turned out better than I had expected. Maybe having no expectation helped. Or maybe it was just too good. ;)

So on the evening of the 2nd, after my shoot which ended at about 5pm, I was so tired that I just went straight home to shower and sleep. I had slept less than 10 hours in 4 nights, and my body was almost in a state of numbness - my heart was palpitating in strange rhythms, and I could barely drive myself home without dozing off. At about 9pm, I got a call from Cheryl asking me where I was, as she wanted to come over to pass me stuff I asked her to get for me from her recent London trip. She arrived about an hour later, and we spent the night chatting and watching my recent short film works (tell you about them in a later post). 

A few minutes before midnight, a friend I've known since high school gave me a long-distance Skype call to wish me a happy birthday, and Cheryl decided to excuse herself during my conversation as she didn't want to "disturb" us. She came in halfway through again though, just to tell me that it made no difference whether she left the room or not cos she could hear our entire conversation from the living room. Sad soundproofing huh. Bleah~ Anyway, cos I don't get calls from overseas friends all the time my attention was given to my friend on the iMac. so much so that I didn't really realize that she had again left the room.

All of a sudden (this feels like a school composition lol), I heard the Happy Birthday song and Cheryl came in with Mint, Colin and Bubble with a birthday cake!!! 

I was so shocked can?! 
See the "heh heh I'm so happy I got to surprise Zir Zir" face that Mint has on! Lol!!!

I vaguely remembered hearing my grill gates open, but I dismissed it as probably Cheryl going out to her car to take stuff, or something like that. Turned out Mint, Bubble and Colin had been stationed outside my house for a while and was just waiting for an opportunity to come in and surprise me. The phone call was too timely! Said Skype caller insisted he wasn't of the plan though. How coincidental can it get? Lol. Cheryl took a while finding the keys, and they had trouble opening my gates. They nearly toppled the cake when the gate finally swung open. After they got in, they were fumbling around the house for a lighter for the candles, but they couldn't find one until Mint suggested that they might be able to find one at my altar. So exciting outside my room! Lol!!! And all these happened without me knowing! Li hai~ 

I made a super long wish. Nope can't tell you! Else it won't come true~ >.<

Of course I cried. Only because I felt so loved. =..D

 No makeup. No dress-up. Just me in my sleepwear and underwear. Best birthday celebration EVER!!!!


It was small and cosy, and it was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. With some of the people who love me the most - Both Cheryl & Mint were there, my mum and sis were sleeping in adjacent and opposite rooms but I had the people who love me the most in the same house. Even Vince (yup that's the guy on Skype) was someone close (hello we've known each other 15 years!), he's just been overseas too long. I haven't had time to bring Alton home since my last Batam shoot a week ago that was why Alton wasn't there, in case you are wondering. 

Then came the funny part - there was all these commotion outside my room right? And the whole birthday song and the laughing, chatting and all that? My mum called me the next day from work:

"Mint was here last night meh?"
"Yah"
"Orh, I knew Cheryl was here, and I thought Wah, Cheryl one person can sing birthday song sing so loud"
"...."

Guess she was as tired as I was. Lol. 

I got a lot of love this year, here's a glimpse of what I got for my birthday:


First one to get to me are Victoria's Secret vouchers from Cheryl Tay. I already know what I'm getting. Maybe that bag, or that purse...or should I get that pouch...? Okay I haven't decided. Will let you all know when I've made my purchase.

 agnes b. shades from Mint & Colin


 Also from Mint. And we all know why, don't we? ^.^

I also got loads and loads and loads of wishes on my Facebook wall. =D


And when I thought the bf had forgotten, this arrived at my door in the afternoon of my birthday!


A super hugeass pot of Carnations. ^.^

The surprises didn't stop coming! I got this from my sponsor at Hankook Cosmetics! 

Skincare, makeup and chocolate! OMG loves la!!!! I'm seriously in need of some TLC for my skin!

And I spotted the Sansim cleanser!!! It's one of the most premium ranges that they carry! Whoa!!!! Ossion Cleansing Oil (I've just run out of mine!), and more Bubble Masks!!! 

The picture does not do these eyeshadow colours from Ekanava any justice at all, but they looked absolutely amazing. So so so chio~~~

And nope, it didn't end there...

My mates who are also working on my upcoming theatrical production Fourlies prepared a birthday cake for me during rehearsal! Speaking of that, must must must must come and support me okay?! It's my very first theatre performance, and I hope for as many of you to come as possible! More info here, and tickets can be purchased at bytes.sg


A Four Leaves cake for the Fourlies cast. Lol. Okay fail. Not funny. Bleah~!!
Both my birthday cakes this year were by Four Leaves though, and both tasted SUPER YUMMY!!!

I came home to find this:
An actual birthday card from the Social Media Gurus at Churp Churp & Nuffnang. 
Haha! Ironic? Nah! I think it screams volumes of sincerity! Thank you lovelies! You guys are an awesome bunch too! I promise I will blog/tweet/insta more! Lol!!!

Happy birthday to me! ;)
This has indeed been a very happy year indeed... *beams*


I wrote this on my Facebook wall on the 4th June 2013, and I think I should share it with everyone of you. To all my friend who have not seen it, this is for you:

Thank you for all the love and wishes showered upon me on my birthday yesterday. I'm blessed to have every single one of you in any part of my life. Some of you have impacted me more than others, and all of you have left an imprint in a moment in my life that is now exclusively yours. All these moments make up this thing called my life. 


It's been a great (21) years, yes, including all my downs, cos without them, I wouldn't have learnt some of the lessons I did. Life is amazing as I know it now, and I know I have many more wonderful years to look forward to.

I love you all, and most importantly, I love me. Muah!!!

Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!You are surrounded with awesome close friends!They are sweet!
    Totally can feel that you are very touched with the surprise!
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh between..i saw you at Jcube last Sunday.You were filming that time!wanted to say hi to u!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts