Sponsored: Curtains for My New Home!!!

Heya! Has been a while since I chatted here with my blog. Only really dawned on me when someone left a comment saying she was surprised to find my blog active. Oops. 

For some reason this place which used to be my favourite retreat has lost its appeal to me. Maybe it's time to update the look of this blog, you think? I'm growing out of the pink and flowers. Lol.

Anyway, am blogging in the middle of the night. For some reason this is when I'm most productive. This, and early mornings before 10am. Between 10am-6pm I might as well just be sleeping, because I'm always so drowsy at those times, with the exception of when I'm meeting friends or actually have an appointment happening. Any other freelancer like me? I swear if it isn't for the fact that businesses and events and shoots actually need to happen in the day, I would gladly leave my days for sleeping.

That being said, I am glad to say that I have never been happier with my new curtains!!!!! Because they are almost blackout! Woohoo!!! Blackout curtains are great for people who sleep very late, and do not wish to be awakened by the morning sun, like me. Lol. 

This was while renovations were still going on. There was no way we could move in before curtains were installed, because I was right there on the ground floor, and we had floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Unless I wanted everyone to see me sleeping. 

The kind folks at Curtain Suite helped me with my curtains. They do curtains, window films, wooden blinds, roller blinds, korean blinds...basically anything that helps to shield you from the sun and kaypoh neighbours. Lol. 



I was looking for something kind of almost blackout-ish. Why not totally blackout? Because I still want to wake up in the day and get things done, and I tend to sleep on and on and on and on... Lol. Blackout curtains would be a tad too conducive for that. Even though I was really tempted to get the blackout ones...#sofickleminded #womanshopper #wanttobuyeverything

How do you tell blackout curtains from normal ones? Well, they have this rubber-ish kind of back, so when you hold it up against light, you will barely see light pass through.

I'm more into plain and simple design, but if you love floral and patterned designs, they have those as well.

If you want something that's a little more solid, you can try their wooden blinds. I think these add a little old American flavour to the house.



Of course, the regular roller blinds are available as well, but I want to highlight these interesting blinds they carry, called Korean Blinds.
Basically they work like normal blinds, except that it's 2 sheets of striped fabric with alternating blackout and daylight strips. When you want it dark or just want more privacy, you just align the fabric such that the opaque stripes interlace. Bring up the opaque stripes when you want light to come through. 


Pictures by Curtain Suite Pte Ltd

Needless to say, I was spoilt for choice. Their showroom has like hundreds of different choices for me to shield my house from prying eyes! Even day curtains come in so many different kinds!

We wanted something neutral so we settled for a brown 90% blackout curtain, and a nice flowy day curtain for when I still want light in, but not gazes of peeping neighbours.

TADAHHH!!!!!

I really like them!!! The curtains turned out a little long but when we informed them they fixed it within a week! Very prompt and efficient service!

Now I can sleep in peace while protecting my modesty. (No, I do not want people looking at me sleeping with my mouth/legs wide open.)

Notice how we kept the top of the curtains simple as well. But if you do have any preference, like if you like it draped or more elaborate, they can do it for you as well.


Apart from curtains, Curtain Suite also has a wide selection of wallpapers. I think having wallpaper adds a very nice touch of class to an interior decor. In fact, I am contemplating adding wallpaper to my room next. =D
For the little one's room. LOVE THE CLOUDS!!!

This would make such a statement wall!

And also something for that industrial/woody look that's so in right now.

Instagram-worthy wall, anyone? ^.^

Their service was amazing, and curtains can be installed in the same week as your order. Delivery is free, and their guys are really friendly! If you just got your new place, or if you're thinking of doing some revamping to your current one, do check them out! 

Win a Roll of Korean Wallpaper!
Yeap, just for you guys! One lucky reader will get to bring home a roll of Korean Wallpaper! Just follow these steps:

2. Share this post on Facebook
3. Tag 3 friends whom you think will need curtains, blinds and wallpapers! 

Yup, it's that easy! Contest ends 30 November 2015. 

P.S It's morning now, and I'm going to sleep soundly in my very dark room. No thanks to my fabulous new curtains. Goodnight, and good luck with the contest!


Curtain Suite is located at:
Zervex Building
8 Ubi Road 2
#03-02
Singapore 408538
Contact No: 64438426 or 97533345


Comments

Popular Posts